Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Simple Fall Wreath


I love making holiday wreathes, I have never made on for fall so this was fun and I love the result.. This wreathe cost me under $15 at Micheal's for the supplies.(and a little Scarecow from the dollar aisle of Target)

I used a Grapevine wreath I love the texture, the rustic quality and the dark brown. Then I grabbed some golden glitter stems from the "holiday" wreath area and some fall flowers from the floral department that were 99 cents each..



I clipped the flowers off the main stem (about 4-5" below the actual flower head) then laid them out on the wreath to see how I wanted them.. Then its as easy as sticking the stem through and I bend the end of the stem (which has wire in it) into a "U" shape and stuck it back through just to help anchor and secure it.  No Glue! .Then stuck the staked scarecrow on, clipped the extra length of stick and voi-la.


I think my total for this project was $2 for the flowers, $2.99 for the wreath and $6 for the glitter stems- All on sale! 
LOVE IT! and a fun afternoon project while the girls napped and played... 

No comments:

Post a Comment