Saturday, September 15, 2012

AMAZING cinnamon rolls from canned biscuits

I was seriously craving some cinnamon rolls but didn't feel like grabbing the flour and baking essentials to make dough from scratch. I did however have a roll of canned biscuits
 in the fridge so I thought WHAT THE HELL!


You need a:
can of biscuits- I used the Southern Style (YUMMMM!!)
1/8 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp butter (about half a stick)

For the frosting, I attempted to recreate the Cinnabon frosting and its pretty close..
You need:
4 tbsp cream cheese
4 tbsp butter
3/4 powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon juice


Easy-
Mix softened butter with sugar and cinnamon

Fold in half and roll into long pieces. These tubes will have a seam that will open.





With spoon or spatula spread the butter mix down the length of the dough.









Roll it up.
Do this for all the biscuits and lay them on their sides in a cake pan or greased pyrex.

Bake at 350* for 20-22 min until golden brown.



While baking in a small bowl whip room temp. butter and cream cheese together. Slowly add sugar continuing to mix. Whip mixture for a few minutes then add vanilla and lemon and whip until combined.

My oldest wanted to sneak a taste while I was snapping the picture.
When rolls come out of the oven, let cool enough to pick up with hand then frost.

MY HUSBAND & GIRLS LOVED THESE. My hubs couldn't believe they were just canned biscuits and he is convinced I bought the frosting from the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment