Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Turkey Salisbury Steak! EASY. (sooo much better than beef)

So I LOVE comfort foods. Anything hot, cozy, hearty and preferably smothered in gravy. So of course Salisbury steak is a natural romance for me. I love it, the part I love is how soft it is and easy to eat, I don't like all the fat from the ground beef. Grease and gravy isn't really what I am going for.

So of course I had to try my hand at reinventing it with ground turkey instead.


What you need:

1 large egg
1/2 c milk
1 TBSP fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 cups of stuffing cubes (those unseasoned crouton things)
1 lb of ground turkey
2 tbsp butter
1 pack of brown gravy mix
1.5 c of water

OPTIONAL (1/2 c mushroom slices, 1/4 chopped yellow onion)

1. In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, parsley, salt and onion powder. Add stuffing cubes and toss. 2. Then let them sit for 5 minutes until softened and when you stir there isn't a lot of crunch.
3. Add ground turkey and combined well.

4. Form 6 palm size balls, roll oblong and flatten. Should be an oval shape almost the size of your hand

5. In a large skillet over med-high heat add butter then add patties. (if you are adding mushrooms/onion add them now) Brown each side for 5 minutes or so, then reduce heat to low. 

6. Mix brown gravy and water then add to skillet pouring over the steaks. Heat on low for about 10-12 minutes flipping once until gravy has formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment