Monday, February 6, 2012

Don't be THAT Girl, Monday!

This happens everywhere I go. I see a girl committing what I consider one of the most offensive fashion crimes. Oh yes... tights are not pants! Don't misconstrue what I'm saying, I love a great pair of Jeggings (spandex blends that have the tailoring, look and cut of their denim acquaintance but with lots of hug and stretch.)However, I do believe that women need to recognize that leggings are for things like yoga, or as a partner to a long sweater or tunic and TIGHTS are for under a dress.

Tights are not PANTS, they are sheer they are meant to be worn under your dress suit, pencil skirt or under that cocktail dress you are wearing to your cousin's spring wedding, they are NEVER to be worn with a tank top and some heels. I'm not saying it's based on size, I think some woman are doing a disservice to themselves when there are other looks that would be more figure flattering but GIRL, if you love the skin you're in and you're comfortable in spandex blends, ROCK IT OUT!

This post is based on one thing and I'm going to be honest here so consider yourself warned. Nobody! No man, woman or child, wants to see your cash and prizes. When I'm walking around the mall, I don't want to see your VS thong, when I'm pigging out at Chipotle the only thing I should see stuffed is my burrito, I don't want to see your booty through some black sheer tights. Leave some to the imagination and DON'T BE THAT GIRL! If you are unsure of what I'm talking about or just can't fathom this nonsense here are some shots from other sites I found online.

See that!! NOT PANTS!


I'm sure you have a lovely personality, but I didn't need to see the lovely design of your underpants. BTW!! UNDER-PANTS!! That's right they go under your PANTS!

Now if you are so inclined to pull off something fabulous with Jeggings without showing the world your goodie bag check out these Designer Women's Jeggins from Buy.com Super Hot for a cool $22.00

See that- no midday matinee, no freebie panty peaks and you won't end up on a website devoted to the mission that Tights aren't pants. SO in closing 4 words for your week- Don't be THAT girl!

[ Photos from http://sassyscripsit.wordpress.com/2011/09/07/tights-are-not-pants/ and http://heatherdnovak.wordpress.com/ ]

1 comment: