Monday, August 8, 2011

My Review of Empty Bottles & their Jewelry.



There is something so simplistic and beautiful about wine bottles, which describes this review perfectly. A fan of my Peapods page shared with me her creations and I have to admit I melted. Stephanie over at Empty Bottles and their Jewelry creates the most beautifully decorated flattened glass bottles, I personally have ever seen. She takes wine, liquor or standard bottles and with the help of a kiln, flattens them to be used for a variety of purposes. Some are flat enough for use as a cheese tray, some are bowls for crackers, dips or use as a catch all, some are small and can hold business cards of be used as a spoon rest.

After they are flattened she wire wraps the neck of the bottles with beautiful swirls of beads, crystals and charms, giving each one it's own name and personality. For my bottle, I made my own charms, then mailed them off to her where she matched her work to what I had created making my bottle personal and perfection. My bottle is a clear water bottle, fired into a bowl with a purple amethyst & crystal charm, freshwater pearl & LOVE charm and of course a white shell Minipod, to represent my two girls. I am using my bottle as a catchall on my nightstand, an easy destinations to toss my bracelet, earring and other nonsense (like a pacifier) before retiring to bed. I LOVE IT!




You can even mail her a bottle from a special event or your wedding to have it transformed into something functional and spectacular. You have to check her out, these are AWESOME gifts for holidays, showers or birthdays. If you are interested in having me create a special charm set for your bottle please e-mail me the CODE - IWINEONE to receive 40% OFF my charm set + I'll ship it to Stephanie for you.


Check her out
on Facebook and tell her I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment