Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my On the Go Eye Look



I don't leave the house without make-up on or as I jokingly say "my face on". I simply can't, yes occasionally I run out with just mascara and some gloss but it's a rarity, kinda like seeing a yeti. It just doesn't happen too often. My makeup gives me confidence and makes me smile, I'm not afraid of using colors and can really make your "bad hair day" not so bad. (but that's another post)

My Go-To look is a easy shaded eye. Not overly dark and never black and gray. During the day I fall back on the season so being that it is winter I use navy blues, deep plums and golds. For this photo tutorial I used some AMAZING makeup and you will be pleasantly surprised to know it only cost me $3.00. YES! $3.00



Dual mascara (regular and water-proof-black)$1, brightening eye liner pencil(black)$1, 4 shade eyeshadow compact(Colors-Day2Night) $1

Mommies typically feel guilty buying items for themselves. No matter what your budget or what the reason, you always go home saying, "that shirt for me could have been 2 shirts and socks for the kids". I know the feeling! Luckily, Target came out with the E.L.F cosmetics line. Inexpensive products with professional results. These are the only three items I am using for this tutorial. Secret-(I did this same tutorial with a q-tip no need for special brushes, but I'm going to video that one.


Step1 is to Curl your lashes. This prevents a gap of color on your lash line.

Step2
using a eye pencil Smudge a line across the lash line from the inner corner outward. Extend a small line off the end. (this makes your lashes look fuller & longer)


Step3- Take the golden brown shadow and lightly sweep it across your eye lid from the lash line to the crease of your brow bone.


Step4- Put a dot of the lightest creme shade in the corner near your tear-duct and the outer corner. Also dust some across your brow bone. (this opens up your eye)


Step5- Using a q-tip or a pointed brush take the Navy color shadow and work it into the crease of your eyelid. (Your color should start where your eye is and extend to the eye liner end on the other corner.



Step6-
Take a pointed brush or q-tip and run the plum color along both the upper & lower lash lines


Step7
- Start your mascara at the base of the lashes and while moving toward the end lightly move your hand back and forth sideways (wiggle- This adds more mascara at the base and separates/fans the lashes toward the top)


ALL DONE. For evening add more Navy to the outer corner above your eyeliner extension and make your eyeliner more dense by re-lining it thinker and in a single stroke (don't smudge)




NOT BAD for $3, huh!? The shadow pigment isn't as soft as I'd like it but I can control my color. If you are experimenting with your eyeshadow it's probably better that way. The liner is great and easy to smudge and the mascara for $1 is AWESOME! Definitely keeping these three in my car for EMERGENCIES!

Testing out colors & shadowing- Check out the full E.L.F. Compact of 100 COLORS.

No comments:

Post a Comment