Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Simple Pork Tenderloin

Pork tenderloin is an awesome cut of meat. So versatile and savory. Brush it in your favorite BBQ, wrap it in bacon and broil it. You can marinate it in olive oil, balsamic and garlic or coat it in a dry rub and toss it on the grill.

This week I got 2 huge tenderloins buy one get on free at my supermarket. SCORE! CoFo as I tell my hubs on these deals - Cook one freeze one for next week. This week was a savory tenderloin grilled, wild rice, fresh green bean and crescent rolls. Total to feed 5 people- $25!! Not to shabby for not using coupons! I buy what's on sale and stock up then plan my meals based on what was a steal at the grocery store.

The glaze I put on the pork is so easy and you would never probably think to combine them. I think of it as sort of a healthier BBQ sauce. Since ketchup is 20cal a tbsp and mustard is 0 and we use olive oil as the base.

2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 large garlic clove, finely minced or grated
1/2 tsp black pepper
---Mix together in small bowl

*Trim loins of any excess fat or silver skin.

*using a brush or spoon coat pork in mustard mixture

*in a skillet or on a grill- sear all sides of loin then cool until internal temperature is 160*f.
*Remove meat from grill or pan and allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing. (this allows the juices to "regroup" {has to do with heat and water particles- if your really interested in the science of it here's more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment