Thursday, February 16, 2012

BIG beach waves without the BIG Price: tutorial

So the other night when I couldn't sleep I decided to browse the infomercials and see what new crazy quackery people were buying into.(Credit card near by of course) There was a commercial for a hair styler called the Topstyler (Click HERE) the "c shells" as they are called work like hot rollers but the twisted hair inside is a more natural wave than spiral. For 3 easy payments of $40, it can be ALL YOURS! While I LOVE this idea, it's not in the budget to spend $120 to smush my locks between two hot plates. HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!! Here is my "cheat" to beachy waves without the BIG prices. If you don't have a flat iron, you can score a good one online for about $40. (Click HERE to see a Chi)


You will need a good Hair Spray(flexible hold is best), hair clip (too hold parted hair segments) and your straightener.


Take a small segment of hair, starting at the base of your neck. (Clip up the rest)


Space your middle and pointer fingers slightly apart (makes it easier to remove hair)


Tightly wrap hair around your fingers


Pinch the segment of hair so you can remove your fingers. Hold close to the root.


Clamp the loop of hair. (I have thick hair and my iron is on high and I did 25 sec.)


Release hair and spray.


This would be SUPER cute with some fabric rosettes on a headband or clip. JUST SAYIN'

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment