Saturday, July 16, 2011

Count it down

As today comes to it's end, I'm anxious to see if my little Alysa will enter the world willingly or be forced out like her big sister was almost exactly 2 yrs ago. According to my countdown timer, I am officially 3 days and 11 hours from checking in for my induction Wednesday morning. I'm eager to see what she looks like, hold her little hand for the first time and perhaps the one thing I look forward to the most is introducing her to her future best friend, big sister Jo.

The phone calls have been what I consider minimal at this point, an occasional chat or text to see if anything exciting has begun, to which I typically just say, "do I sound excited?" I am though, either way she will be arriving soon, and as ready as I think I am, I know the reality is that I will never be fully appreciative of what's to come.

Today was spend at a park beach, playing with Jo, eating our lunches and enjoying the sun. Spending what could be the last outing as a trio. There are a few fan guesses for tomorrow night into Monday evening, so we will have to see what happens. I can feel her twisting around, pressing her knees into my side and the occasional jab to my bladder and with every nudge, I can't help to think that I'll be seeing these little arms, feet and face any time now. **Alysa Grace** we are eagerly and somewhat impatiently awaiting your arrival.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on MomBloggersClub and decided to check it out.. Its a shame that you had to start over! This post reminds me of how I felt with my now 8-month old daughter.. I had to be induced as well! I hope all goes well and here's to a healthy beautiful baby! Take care & congratulations!

    ReplyDelete