Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Last day as a trio


Today is it, the last day with just 1 little princess and our last day as a trio. I'm using it to get some final preparations done and rest. I am not sure what awaits me this time, but I'm sure I will benefit from going in rested.

My emotions are exploding, thinking about seeing my husbands eyes glitter and light up when he holds his "baby" princess and gazing over Jocelyn as she meets her little sister, partner in crime and best friend. I am one of 3 sisters and the eldest, it's a responsibility and passion that I never fully understood until thinking about how having Alysa will impact Jocelyn's life. I was always the "example", the guardian, the protector the typical roles of the BIG SISTER. There were times when I was younger that being the oldest seemed to have its advantages and others when I would have given my right arm and every cent in my piggy bank to be the baby.



The hubs mesmerized by Jocelyn after she was born







Even now that the 3 of us are in our 20s I still feel the pull of the big sister when they go out with friends or I haven't heard from them in a while, panic sets in and I feel as though we are children again and one of them is stuck in a tree to big to climb and needs help getting down. I know that the relationship between Jo & Aly will be amazing and something they will cherish forever, I grew up with the mantra of my father always saying, "It doesn't matter what your fighting about, she's your sister and you love each other." At the time we were like "yeah yeah, ok dad," but now hearing it in my head brings some light tears to my eyes. It's the truth, in my house anyway. They are your family; angry, irritable, obnoxious, PMSing, laughing, loving or crying, they are your sisters, one day they may be all you have."


My sisters & I @ my wedding in 2008



Today seems like it will last forever, though I know it's going to pass me by and leave me looking down the hallway of the maternity floor wondering "how the hell did I get here, ... again." Hand in hand with my husband toting my purse, overnight bag and probably a large cup of crushed ice we will nonchalantly stroll into the room that will forever change our lives.

So, here's to my last day as a family of 3 & my last day with just one little princess.

2 comments:

  1. Very thoughtful post - made me remember when our trio became a quartet. New follower from Mom Bloggers Club. Hope your delivery was quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog:) I like your hand drawing logo! Following you from MBC. You can visit my blog at http://www.babiesdesignfood.com. I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete